Old 15-06-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

The Cabrio 246 that I bought came with a face mask. It is only a basic
mask - no swivelling for example - but it is still far better than
goggles because a) it doesn't mist up and b) it protects the whole of
your face from flying grass and twigs and macerated slugs and snails.

I use the DeWalt tool 'goggles'. They are like wrap-around sunglasses but
made with impact-resistant plastic. Gives eye protection but without the
steaming problem. As for protecting the rest of my face from gunge, I find
that if I keep my head about 5 foot 8" from the ground and the strimmer
strimming to throw the stuff out away from me, I rarely get hit in the face.
My feet and legs, on the other hand........

- h