Old 15-06-2003, 01:20 PM
WhiskerFish

Default Light setup

It depends entirely on what you want from your tank. If you
want healthy plants with growth you are going to have to spend a
little money.

Because of your earlier post and questions I went and measured
my 2 x 55 watt kit installed.

The main components are the reflectors 4" W x 2" H x 22" L
each, the bulb and plug assemblys @ 22 1/2" long but this will require
a inch or so of clearance to get the bulb in the sockett. The
Ballast is 8 5/8" x 1 5/8 but mine is mounted outside to the back of
the hood.

My hood is a custom home made but measures 47 3/4" inside. It
has a 1 1/4 " fan in one end and still has enouugh room for 2 x 55
watt kits. So if your hood is even close to 48 inches inside you
should be fine.

If you want some pics drop me a note. Remove the
"knownospam"

WF

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:40:44 -0700, Rex Grigg
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:28:59 -0700, Jak Crow
wrote:

Lousy. See my reply to your original question.

How does the strip light that came with my 50gal tank along with a shoplight
fixture with the same ballast hanging above the tank sound for enough light?

Semper Fi!

Visit the forums at Aqua Botanic!
http://aquabotanicwetthumb.infopop.cc/#1

Need Nitrate or Potassium for your tank? Go to www.litemanu.com