Old 15-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Alan Whitehouse

Default Lawn Tractor Mulching or Not?

Thanks for the information. Just to confirm, if I install a mulching
kit on the riding mower, I would also want to block off the side
discharge chute?

Alan

On 15 Jun 2003 08:03:36 GMT, wrote:

(Alan Whitehouse) wrote:
Hi,
I just bought a house and with it came a YardWorks riding lawn mower
from Canadian Tire). In the manual it mentions a mulching kit but that
is about all (it says to look at the documentation with the kit which
I don't have). How can I tell if I am mulching or not? The reason I
ask is that the side discharge is still going and right now the
clippings on my backyard almost look like I could bail them for hay.
Thanks.

Alan

Sounds like you don't have the mulching blades on it. No
big deal to change, but it still may not act like a real
mulching deck. Try changing the blades, and closing off
the discharge. As long as it's not bailable afterward,
it's an improvement. ;P

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/