Old 15-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Peter Crosland

Default Man Shot Dead over hedge dispute !

This is an urgently needed piece of legislation to clear up this long
running festering sore over garden hedges.
I understand its at 2nd reading in parliament
Clear giudance over hedge heights is urgent
there must 100s of other festering disputes that could also end in a
killing over this issue...
all waiting to explode ..

Whilst legislation may well be desirable why do you expect it is going to
have any effect on nutters like the assailant in this case? We already have
one of the most repressive regimes of gun regulation in the UK and it has
had minimal effect on the use of guns in criminal activity. The REAL problem
is the decline in morality at all levels of society. A cure for that will be
much more difficult to find.