Old 03-03-2003, 05:29 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Messinian climate

Sorry.

In article ,
(Nick Maclaren) writes:

| It is unclear, given enough water. I don't know whether mammals'
| requirements are for a bound on the relative humidity dependent
| on temperature, or for a margin in water vapour pressure between
| ambient and maximal (i.e. dew point).

I meant:

ambient (i.e. dew point) and maximal (i.e. water vapour
pressure at the ambient temperature).

Upon thinking about it, it is probable that the requirement is
for the dew point to be sufficiently low - preferably well below
37 Celcius ....

Engage brain before posting, Nick.

However, that is cooling by perspiration. My points about relative
humidity and fungal attack remain true, though it can also be other
organisms that thrive.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:

Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679