Old 15-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Dave Adams

Default Tomato Cages

Fellow Gardeners,

After my own disappointments with the flimsy wire cages available for
holding up tomatoes,I decided to make my own. Here is what I've come
up with. They are made of 1/4" round rod and welded on the ends. I've
taken cable clamps and welded the U-shaped threaded ends to the hoops, so
that they can be disassembled for shipping and storage. They assemble
easily in about a minute with with a 7/16" wrench, socket, or even pliers.
They are four ft. tall, but I will also be making them 5 ft. with the
option of 4 hoops. They are finished with penetrol for rust-resistance.
These cages are heavy duty. What do you think?(Any response is more than
appreciated)