Old 15-06-2003, 06:20 PM
AZKalEl

Default HELP! Goldfish's gonna explode!

"EJ" Merlin19771 no spam !!! @charter.net wrote in message ...
Sounds like Dropsy. Do some research and see if that looks right.

I agree with EJ. Dropsy can be caused by bad water (at least in
aquariums "stale" water is often blamed) so test it to see what's
happening. I'd also get him out of there and put him in a smaller
area where you can better control medications. Don't forget to include
plenty of aeration.
Dropsy is an accumulation of fluid in the body cavity; so add some
salt (1 tsp per gallon minimum) to help him get rid of it. Treat with
an antibiotic like Furanace (I believe it's an Aquatronics brand?).
Dropsy can also be a symptom of something else, like cancer or
internal organ problems. I hate to be Mr. Negative, but it is rarely
curable. Hopefully a good treatment program combined with catching it
early will help! Good luck! =)

Kal El