Old 15-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Charles

Default Professional Help with Horsetail?

On 15 Jun 2003 13:03:17 -0700, (Matt & Kim) wrote:

Greetings Everybody:

I've been battling horsetail all year in my Seattle garden, and have
done a ton of web and newsgroup research to try and figure out what
approaches would give me a fighting chance. There's a lot of
contradictory advice out there, I've tried many different techniques,
and the only treatment that seems to have had ANY effect is the use of
Casoron after clipping the plants off at ground level.

One question I HAVEN'T seen answered, however, is whether the use of a
professional gardening or landscaping service would make any
difference whatsoever. Do these types of firms have access to any
magic chemicals or secrets that I don't have access to as a novice
gardener? I know a lot of people say to just live with the horsetail,
but it absolutely ruins the appreciation of my yard and it also (I'm
positive) will diminish my home value in the long run if I don't keep
it under control. My neighbors are also starting to give me dirty
looks...

If anybody can tell me whether it's worth calling a professional
service for help with this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it!

At a local nursery it is coming up through blacktop. Perhaps
concrete?

--

- Charles
-