Old 15-06-2003, 09:44 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Another ID request: Tiny flower, SNP

A wild stab in the dark: a Ranunculus species?
Compare http://tinyurl.com/edlj
(http://dlp.cs.berkeley.edu/cgi/img_q...ere-taxon=Ranu
nculus+uncinatus)
PvR

David Hamilton Cox schreef
There are six pictures of this tiny flower, taken on June 6 in Shenandoah
National Park, at http://www.nyx.net/~dhcox/park, the last six in the
list on that page. This was in the same area as the alumroot I asked about
earlier, a rocky slope, western facing, about 2000 ft. elevation. I have
no idea what this is and would appreciate any ideas, guesses as to family,
etc. Thanks!

(the flower is about 1/4 inch in diameter or less; wide variety of leaf
types on the plant, as can be seen in the pictures; plant about 6 to 8
inches tall.)

-David Cox