Old 15-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Kay Easton

Default Bluebell seeds

In article , Annabel
writes

Ok, but what I was pointing out was desimation of species that were once
believed to be so numerous that human activity could not influence there
numbers.. I have searched back threads a little to find that the
scarcity of the primrose, a perenial, is said to be due to flower
picking. It was stated earlier that perenials were not generally at risk
and as we older ones know the primrose was a very common sight

Although primrose is a perennial, it tends to spread by seed rather than
vegetatively.

But that wasn't what was being discussed. What was being discussed was
introducing English bluebells

The poster has stated spanish bluebells

That was the original poster. The one who had collected seed and
scattered along the verge had collected seed of the english bluebell.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: