Old 16-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Tropical Paradise rose -- what is it really?

I mentioned earlier about Tropical Paradise rose, and Shiva's post about
looking it up in Helpmefindroses got me to thinking....

Honestly, the tag on it says "Tropical Paradise" (I dug the tag out of the
mulch, cleaned it off, & remounted it higher on the rose where I could
actually see it.) On the reverse is a logo I don't recognize, but it looks
like Q R to me.

I bought the rose at Walmart 2 or 3 years ago. Admittedly, it's probably
not worth the effort to find out what it really is, but that is no longer
the point!!!! (If you get my drift). When I googled for Tropical Paradise,
the only rose references I turned up were a photo on some guy's website
where I could only see more photos if I were a paid subscriber (? remember,
we're talking about roses here, folks!) and a listing at Helpmefindroses
that described it as "Orange & orange blend blooms. Strong fragrance. 15 to
25 petals. Average diameter 4¾". Double, large bloom form. Repeats its bloom
again later in the season" which tells me only that "my" Tropical Paradise
is not the "real" thing -- accurate, but not really helpful.

If anyone can help me with my ID, I have two photos I can send (I really
need to find a website to post photos on..... sigh).

Thanks,

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC