Old 16-06-2003, 01:44 AM
samuel l crowe

Default Fertilizer & Tomatoes in Pots question

A one gallon pot is not big enough for tomatoes, you need at least a 5
gallon pot or better a 7 gallon.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC
"Jan Flora" wrote in message
Hey Folks:

I'm going to pot up my indeterminate 'mater plants in big pots. (Several
gallon sized black nursery pots.) What sort of fertilization schedule do
they need? We have a Tumbler on the kitchen windowsill in a one gallon
pot. The SO took some of my 8-32-16 granules for the flowerbeds and
mixed it in water "until it tasted right" (!) -- he's a hay farmer --

don't
ask -- and fed the plant. He didn't burn the plant.)

Should I just go buy some Miracle Grow for 'Maters and follow the
directions? I have fresh horse manure here, to make some manure
tea. (We have horses.) How often do you use the tea?

Will someone sell me a clue? *blush*

Jan, Zone 3