Old 16-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Sue Alexandre

Default Pond Pix

Well.... I HAD two turtles. I bought a RES at the local pet store and was
very happy with him, he was tame, friendly, and literally eating out of my
hand. Then the next door neighbor showed up with a "present" for me.... an
Eastern Painted he found walking along the road, so I was the proud owner of
TWO. Unfortunately, for some reason, once the second one was added, the
original one wasn't as tame or calm anymore.... guess he was taking pointers
from the wild one. And then Saturday morning when I went out to feed them
I only found one... the painted. I still can't figure out HOW for the life
of me the RES got out..... every spot looks so "turtle proof" to me, but
then again I'm not a turtle. I've built up the sides and the overhang even
more, and am hoping the one does not find an escape route. The
neighbor who brought him to me has now got the entire phone company on
turtle watch, telling them all to grab any turtle they see and donate it to
my pond. I had to tell him to "call off the possie" because I really didn't
think the pond would comfortably accommodate more than 2 or 3. So.... let's
see what the crew comes up with.
Sue
"jammer" wrote in message

Nice, Sue! Do you have any turtles?

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:53:44 -0400, "Sue Alexandre"
wrote:

OK, thought I'd do my part and post some pix of my main pond and my brand
new turtle pond. And since it was/is gorgeous here today (finally!) I

had
no excuse NOT to go out and take some digital pix.
http://pub14.bravenet.com/photocente...num=1121001058

Hope that works!
Sue