Old 16-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Steve Calvin

Default Ants On Leaves and other dilemnas

Seeker wrote:
snipperoo

On to roses... There's a huge rose bush on the side of the house which is
just starting to bloom. Some of the stems are 8 feet long and obviously
this thing has been let go. Certain stems have leaves which are much bigger
than others with the roses. The question is--how do I trim this? What do I
cut? I feel like a fool for asking, but I don't want to damage the plant.

Thanks in advance.

For the roses, hit 'em with "Rose Pride". Let them go this year and
cut them off at the level you'd prefer when they die off this fall.
"hitting" them with some Rose Pride wouldn't be a bad idea either. It
kills and keeps the aphids away.

--
Steve