Old 16-06-2003, 03:32 AM
RWL

Default Tomato Cages

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 16:46:42 GMT, Dave Adams
wrote:

Fellow Gardeners,

After my own disappointments with the flimsy wire cages available for
holding up tomatoes,I decided to make my own. Here is what I've come
up with. They are made of 1/4" round rod and welded on the ends.

These cages are heavy duty. What do you think?(Any response is more than
appreciated)

It's a lot easier to make cages from concrete reinforcing wire. They
do take up more space than your hoop method, but if you really had to
store them in less space, you could always unhook the ends so that the
cages open, and then stack them flat. Mine have lasted at least 10
years and I didn't do anything to rust proof them.

******* Remove NOSPAM to reply *******