Old 16-06-2003, 03:56 AM

Default Problem with Marigolds

I take it these are blooming plugs in those little trays? do you thoroughly soak the
plugs before planting? do you disbud when planting and cut or pull the very bottom
roots off that are winding around? when planting blooming plants with white root ball
I loosen the soil and then make a "mud puddle" and jam them into the mud. This makes
sure that there is complete coating of the roots in the plug with mud and water. I
also mulch these because the top of the plug sometimes wicks water out from around
the roots. Ingrid

"Boris Nogoodnik" wrote:

Year after year I am having probem with Marigolds. It's well
prepared flowerbed with compost and perlight and everything else
glows fine, but the Marigolds. They just dying couple of weeks
after I plant them. It's in partial shade. Location is New
Jersey. Do they need something specific? And are there any
known conditions that they cannot tolerate, while other plants
can?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com