Old 16-06-2003, 05:20 AM
tiger x

Default Sweet Basil

(Charles Quinn) wrote in message ...
In article , "John S. DeBoo" wrote:
Is there a particular process for drying this or does one simply
pluck the leaves and let them dry? My plants are 1' tall if that
matters any and growing like mad.

Basil is not that great dried. Try freezing or making pesto NOW!

I found that freezing it is better. I pick the leaves, rinse them,
and roll them in a tight ball(like baseball size), wrap that with
Saranwrap, put it in a freezer bag and freeze it. When you need some,
just take it out, sliver off as much as you need, and return it to the
freezer. Freezing it in a ball reduces the freezer burn problem.
-Tiger