Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
animaux

Default It's June But The Furnace Is Still Running

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 15:09:40 -0400, --Bill-- wrote:

animaux wrote:
portion is already condoed.
Oh yeah, I really do get it.

No, you don't. Some of the wildlife there count on the estuary to live. If
people start trampling on everything and lay on the beach with all their crap it
indeed will harm the coast line where wildlife is concerned. That, and the
current property owners do NOT want this. The like their small airport just
where it is. Do you live in Florida?

Did. Niceville, near Fort Walton Beach.
Nobody WANTS development in their backyard but overstating a situation
rarely serves to make a credible argument.
How 'bout where you live? Do you live in a house? How many furry
critters counted on that location before your desire for shelter took
precedence?

The critters are still here. We have rats, mice, snakes, birds, toads, frogs,
ants, armadillo's, moles, voles, skinks and now, have had a heron land near the
pond who almost got the fish, but didn't. My property is old homestead
property, not wetlands where migratory birds live during winter. I'm clearly not
overstating. They want to move an airport which is perfectly fine where it is,
so they can build McMansions and put up boat marinas in sensitive areas where
pelicans, sand hill cranes and a host of other water birds live in winter.

And yes, we have a small parcel in Destin. It's property which we didn't
develop. We won't develop.

An estuary/rookery is not overstating anything.