Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Doug Kanter

Default How Often to Water Flower Garden?

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
Buy soaker hoses and leave them in place as much as possible. Then, all

you
have to do is hook them up to the supply hose, turn on a trickle of

water,
and walk away.

Using a soaker hose is one of the good alternative. I was also
thinking of using a drip-irrigation system. But I just don't like to
winterize the hose that we use for drip-irrigation system. I have a
feeling that winterizing a soaker hose probably is much simpler than
that is for a drip irrigation system.

My soaker hoses live in an unattached garage all winter, at temps from 0 to
30. As long as you drain the hoses, no harm comes to them.