Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

Tim wrote:
And the biggie.....Are they cheaper to run than an electric?

I don't think the relative running costs are really significant.

That was entirely my thought.

One five-litre can of fuel will last you ages. That little fuel tank on the
strimmer lasts me well over an hour at full throttle. It must be around
250ml so that's a good 20 hours of work, or more.
Just make sure you know whether it's a 2-stroke or 4-stroke engine (most
are 4-stroke). In the unlikely event that it's a 2-stroke you'll *have* to
add 2-stroke oil to the fuel (or to a small tank on the mower) or you'll do
it in. The instruction book will tell you. Tim.

Nearly all strimmers are 2-stroke, nearly all mowers are 4-stroke.

--
Chris Green )