Old 16-06-2003, 04:09 PM
Col Forsyth

Default Husqvarna 240R Brushcutter

I recently aquired the above brushcutter and although it was initially
running well, it will no longer start. A few times it has been
running ok and then stopped fairly abruptly, maybe after 30 mins use
or so !

Having removed the fuel filter (end of the fuel line in the tank) it
is now getting fuel (The plug is getting wet). It seemed to be quite
dry prviously, although it must have been getting some fuel or it
wouldnt have run at all. The filter seems to be some sort of porous
substance that allows fuel to "seep" through. The plug sparks fine
and even runs in my Mountfield lawnmower.

I've set the "L" screw to 1 1/4 turns out and the "H" to 1 turn as
prescribed by my local repairer, but still no joy ! Albeit maybe 3 in
300 pulls, it has tried to catch but not fully. After this the
cylinder is quite hot to the touch, so there is evidently something
going on.

The repair agent spoke of an impulse vent/port/something that may be
blocked between the carb and inlet. Anyone any idea ?

Beyond that I may have to resort to taking it to the Brushcutter Dr
but would prefer to make an attempt at fixing myself first !

Anyone feel they can help me ?