Old 16-06-2003, 06:05 PM
Repeating Decimal

Default Fertilizer & Tomatoes in Pots question

in article , Jan Flora at
wrote on 6/15/03 11:32 PM:

Anyway, I just hate using 5 gallon buckets for planters. I'll build
some beds in my new greenhouse instead. Either that or cut some old
55 gallon poly drums in half and use them for planters. I'll bet that
cutting the ends out of poly drums, setting them on the ground, then
filling them with composted cow manure & dirt would keep 'mater
plants happy...

Five gallon buckets can be the basis for cheap hydroponic growers. If you
have a greenhouse, you are more than half way there.

I am on a soapbox pushing hydroponics for amateur and commercial farmers.
Hydroponics uses less water compared to soil farming. It avoids many soil
borne pests. It is really worth a try.

Bill