Old 16-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Avis Merrihead

Default Any pond experts

Hi All,

Appreciate all the tips ;-)

I do have an active filter but this just tips the scales. I have tried my
local shop who gave me 'something' similar which was rubbish in comparison.
I really want to find this OClear

Thanks

Paul (A Brown)
"Sue & Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"dave wrote in message

i am trying to find a product called OClear. You pour it in your pond

and
it
miraculously clears the water so it is crystal. The fish can then eat

the
biproduct on the bottom. We bought some of this from a Gardening

show
few
years back and cannot find it any more

Any help appreciated

Paul A. Brown posted a very similar question to alt.garden.pond.chat 3
days ago but has yet to receive any replies.

I'm sure a local aquatic retailer could sell you something that would do
the job but wouldn't an active filter do a better more long-term job?

Actually clear water is not necessarily clean water so I would endorse the
permanent use of a biological filter. This may not give you crystal clear
water in the brightest sunlight but it should be clean water with little
toxic chemicals present.

Have you noticed how the colours of the fish actually improve in green
water? It's only people that prefer clear water in ponds. ( actually

Herons
like it too) :-)

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.