Old 16-06-2003, 07:20 PM
~consul

Default Stuff to compost Starbucks Fertilizer

Jan Flora wrote:
I caught someone throwing several hundred pounds of newsprint (last year's
tourist guides) in the dumpster yesterday and grabbed them for my compost pile.

Good catch! I used to do this when I lived at my neighbours farm about 15 years ago,
but now I live in an apartment. I have to figure out a new small load composting. I am
in the process of making my own tumbler out of old plastic buckets, I just have to figure
out how to make it tumble and spin.
Those tourist guides, are they colour? I thought one shouldn't used the colour
newsprint/magazines or something? Or is your compost pile big enough to ... cure it?
--
R.I.P. Gregory Peck, June 12th, 2003. He showed me the father and the man I strive to be,
on-screen and off. [[Reverend Sykes: "Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin'."