Old 16-06-2003, 07:20 PM

Default [IBC] Crabapple

In a message dated 4/29/03 7:17:55 AM, writes:
I defoliated one of mine last year, but didn't see much in the way of leaf
reduction or ramification* The tree tolerated it very well.

I did defoliate my 'Indian Summer,' but not completely, because there were a
few weak spots & a shoot I wanted to lengthen. It responded inconsistently &
sporadically, but I think I did get some extra shoots that way. Leaf size is
also very variable. I think in order to get ramification & back budding on a
crabapple, you have to keep pinching, but of course that may delay blooming.
Iris

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++