Old 16-06-2003, 07:21 PM
Roy Bailey

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

In article , Simon Avery
writes

Absolutely not!

Standard unleaded works on nearly all small engines, but the golden
rule is that all strimmers run on 2/stroke. Neat petrol will kill your
strimmer.

Buy 2-stroke oil (most garages, garden centres, agricultural centres)
and follow the instructions. on the bottle to mix at 25-1 strength.
All this will be covered in the manual, btw.

Not necessarily, Simon. The recommended mixture for my Jonsered strimmer is
50-1 (2%) if using Jonsered oil, and 25-1 (4%) if using any other 2 stroke
oil. I am using another make and running it on 50-1 with no problems.

Some 2-stroke engines actually run on 100-1 (1%), and using a 25-1 mixture
would probably cause the plug to oil up.

I suppose it is all down to RTFM!
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.