Old 03-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Lorenzo L. Love

Default Weed control

Randy Price wrote:

I used composted horse manure in my vegetable garden last year. By the
end of the season bermuda grass had pretty much taken over. I
rototilled the whole thing but am seeing patches of grass comming up
again. I am planning on planting tomato plants in the next couple weeks
(AZ), is there anything I can do to control the grass?

Thermonuclear weapons. But that's only a temporary fix. Hand weeding is
next best. Rototilling is probably the worst thing you can do. Every
little chopped up piece of Bermuda grass is going to be a whole new
plant.

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

A prayer for our times:
"…In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive Taliban
regime - We are thankful that OUR leader isn't the spoiled son of a
powerful politician from a wealthy oil family who is supported by
religious fundamentalists, operates through clandestine organizations,
has no resect for the democratic electoral process, bombs innocents, and
uses war to deny people their civil liberties. Amen."
Aaron McGruder, Boondocks comic strip