Old 16-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Kase

Default Potatoes - That Eureka Moment!

"Glenda" wrote in message
I have to share this with my fellow urglers. About an hour ago, I dug
up my first set of potatoes, ever. The joy was indescribable. Just
amazing. I've eaten some of the ones I pulled up from one plant which
yielded about 10 potatoes. The texture was wonderful and they had a
real earthy, old fashioned taste. Wow.

Yummmm, home grown potatoes. I've only just moved to a house with a garden
large enough to plant a few rows of full sized potatoes, but used to grow
Anya potatoes at the last house with huge success. Just keep a few wrapped
in newspaper at the bottom of the fridge when you've bought your last packet
from Sainsbury in October. They keep reasonably well, and plant them in
spring. They are a very expensive potato, but I don't know why because they
produce a monster crop which tastes even better than the originals, thanks
to growing them organically.

Like you say, that earthy taste and much crunchier texture is wonderful.

Congratulations on being happy