Old 16-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Steve and Lisa

Default green water

Hi.....we're new to the group and to water gardening.....and I'm sure this
question has been asked numerous times....but here goes.

Our tiny pond off our patio (50 gallons) has greenish water. We purchased a
new pump/filter as the one that came with the preformed pond just wasn't
cutting it. (The new pump is a Beckett Versa Submersible Pump for up to 750
gallons. (Please don't tell me that they are not any good as we paid $120
for it.) We also talked to our local pond supplier (Lily Blooms) and they
advised us to add microlift to the water as instructed, which we have done
now for 3 weeks. Still the water has a greenish tint. We also added 5 snails
and one clam. We have put several surface plants in as well. Do any of you
experienced ponders have advice for us newbies? (I feel silly asking this as
our pond is so very tiny, and all of you have such big beautiful ponds.)

Thanks for any help you can give us..........

Lisa & Steve