Old 16-06-2003, 08:44 PM
DaveDay34

Default simple guide to plant disease

My daughter (7 but very bright) is doing a project on plants.
Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to plant disease and

insect
infestation that is written for an ordinary person?

eg, The leaves go yellow and wilt, this is a virus. Dig up the plant

and
feed the others. (or a slightly higher level)
Thank you big time.
Serenity

I'd suggest 'The Pocket Garden Troubles Expert' by Dr. D. G. Hessayon. All the
books in the range are good, but this one is what you need for your specific
requirements. It'll tell you in simple terms how to tell one
disease/pest/deficiency/etc. from another and how to treat it. All the books
are well and very simply written. Used by amateurs and professionals alike,
though some might not like to admit it.

Dave.