Old 03-03-2003, 09:53 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Scale

Sam,

Try Ray's site for excellent natural remedies:

http://www.firstrays.com/

Important to remember to repeat treatment after a few days, and it's good to
repot into fresh media, treating the whole plant. I recently found the
largest dark scale in the history of the world (okay, I exaggerate) all over
a favorite Bakerera.

Mixed Ivory soap, corn oil, alcohol and water in a bucket. Unpotted the
plant and soaked it - the whole plant - in the bucket of stuff. Wiped off
any remaining bugs, sprayed again, let it dry a bit and repotted. The
leaves did sustain damage, but the plant will be okay. Also paid careful
attention to all other plants in the vicinity, but there wasn't much of a
problem.

Don't give up!

Diana