Old 16-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Rodney Pont

Default help......

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 16:11:47 +0100, jidder wrote:

Hi everyone.
I wonder if any one can help help me.

I have a fairly large pond in my garden with a re circulating water fall in
it.
We have a large amount of fish (about 150) of mainly Goldfish (large and
small) and a couple of ghost koi carp.
Over the past few weeks we have had about 20 die and we are starting to get
worried.
I'm try to clear the pond on a regular basis but I am far from being an
expert.
I've just studied some of the fish and seen that some of the fish have black
spots on them (more of a cluster than of defined spots).
Does anyone have any ideas or some advice.

I intend to clear the pond on Saturday to try and clean it out.

thanks in anticipation.

Hi Lee

Do you have filtration and have you checked the ammonia levels with a
test kit? The usual cause for sudden deaths is high ammonia. If one of
your fish has died and is still in the pond it will add to the ammonia.
Are the gills of the fish red and inflamed or a nice pink, another
indicator for ammonia.

I assume you have a pond of about 15,000 gallons with that number of
fish.

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
e-mail ngps07 (at) infohit (dot) fsnet (dot) co (dot) uk