Old 16-06-2003, 10:08 PM
Anne Lurie

Default goldfish think they are salmon???

I thought it was something genetic in the fish, hanging out "downstream"
waiting for the food to show up! Well, that's how it seems to work with
trout in a stream -- they hang out behind rocks, etc. waiting for the
yummies to come to them.

My little goldfish certainly are attracted by the water wand when I'm
topping off the water garden/dog drinking fountain/tennis ball washer.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Hank Pagel" wrote in message
Like a dog with his head out the window of a car. The water flowing
across the gills probably feels good. My fish do it to the hose spray
every time I top off the pond.

"*muffin*" wrote in message
ok, I turned on the pump to our waterfall & stream,, ( its not
running,
because of other reasons)(so I could dissolve salt)

anyway,, an hour later I see a bunch of goldfish swimming against the
current.. like , they were trying to be salmon swimming up stream! or
like
they were swimming against their OWN private wave/current pool.

ok, why do they do this? they think they are going somewhere?? seems
like
they would get pretty darn tired after a while.