Old 16-06-2003, 10:20 PM
dave weil

Default A couple of pics

As a proud papa, I wanted to share a pic of my cutting of Aloha, the
first successful (so far) of 4 attempts:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/AlohaCutting.jpg

When should I transplant this into its final location? How long should
the new growth be? It's under a forsythia at the moment and is in
almost compete shade. I'm thinking that it will need sun pretty
soon...

And then, a possible solution to my Don Juan in the dead crabapple
tree situation:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil...dCrabapple.jpg

I noticed that I had a really long cane on Old Blush and it's actually
less than two feet away from the tree. So, I might be able to get it
to grow into the top of the tree which would compliment the Don Juans
growing from underneath. Not only that, I might be able to create a
natural canopy by training addtional long canes along this cane.