Old 16-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Dave Liquorice

Default Petrol strimmer - wow!

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 11:16:46 +0100, Roy Bailey wrote:

Don't you know the old rhyme about getting rid of thistles?:

Cut them in May, they'll grow next day
Cut them in June, they'll grow again soon
Cut in July, they'll surely die
Cut in August, die they must.

Nope, but I do no. B-)

Trouble is the climate up here is a bit different to most of the
country. Only cut the grass 4 times this year and I think all four of
them have been in June... Come late October we'll be expecting the
first snow. B-)

Unless any more appear later in the year I think I've got 'em all (for
the time being). Digging out has been highly effective from the tiddly
3 to 4" across small plants to the 2' across monsters.

But as for docks and burdock, I agree with you.

Yep, nothing seems to stop them. Areas that were mixed dock/nettle are
now just dock after a few years of strimming a couple of times/year.

--
Cheers
Dave. Remove "spam" for valid email.