Old 17-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Richard Brooks

Default Huckleberry Plants - Help!!

"David Hill" wrote in message
if they are the things related to Night Shade ....When I grew them had a
fantastic crop. but didn't like the look or smell of them so binned the
lot.

Funnily enough there is also a native plant that looks just the same but is
a smaller variety and best not put into the cooking pot but huckleberry, I
found grew to at least 6ft across and to about 3ft high whereas the other
plant (looking in book whilst online but can I find it?) is relatively
small. Could the smaller of the two be black nightshade ? ;-)

David, if you want supplies of callaloo it grows like a weed where I am,
having been bought over from Jamaica nearly fourty years ago and grows
everywhere that weeds do.

Richard.

--
David Hill