Old 17-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Nonya

Default "Dead" Maple Tree

You can usually see many examples of this kind of "rejuvination" in the
woods...trees completly knocked over, or broken down, with new "trees" that
have come back and replace the originals. My take is to let it go...what
have you got to loose?

"Ryan Sullivan" wrote in message
Hello,
We had a red maple in our backyard up until about a year ago. During a
strong windstorm, the tree was blown over. Upon further inspection, the
trunk was damaged from some type of insect or simply rotted out. Whatever
the reason, I was devastated to see that our maple was no more. We live

in
a pretty new neighborhood, so even though this tree was only about 15 feet
high with about a 10" diameter trunk, it was the biggest in our yard.

I ended up disposing of the tree, but left the stump. After a long

summer,
lots of shoots had grown out of the stump. It now looks like a little

bush.
My question is this - is the new "tree" viable? Can I just let it go and

it
will grow into a new tree? Or will it cause problems in the future?

Thanks in advance!
Ryan
--
Remove "yourpants" to reply!