Old 17-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Jerry Hoffmeister

Default Automatic Misting Controll Switch

I use a timer and humidistat in series...

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 18:51:47 -0400, "Ray @ First Rays Orchids"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

It is intended, as Al says, for seedlings of terrestrial plants that must

be
kept constantly damp.

I have a 110V version (From Griffith GH Supply) and used it as a way to
avoid misting if the "sail" has not dried out since the last time. What

mean is, rather than misting when the sail gets light and lifts (as
designed), I only get misting when my timer and it coincide to apply

power
to the solenoid valve.

Hmm... That's an interesting way of controlling misting. I suppose
you designed the circuit's operation based on empirical observation
and your intended results from misting.

Without actually trying it, I would have thought that a humidistat and
"leaf switch" would have been more appropriate than a timer. On the
other hand, I can see where all three in series might be useful. I
suppose it depends if your intent in misting to irrigate or maintain
humidity.