Old 17-06-2003, 06:20 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Ants On Leaves and other dilemnas

Seeker wrote:

snip

Also, I have about three ant hills in the yard. My dad suggested pouring
gasoline over the hole to kill them, then again he thinks anything can be
taken care of with the right combination of gas, oil and rock salt (no
offense dad!). What can I do to get rid of them which would be
environmentally conscious? Is there a way to get rid of the ant hills
without killing the ants?

You can use a shovel but what good is that as the ants will simply make another
hill so levelling the hill is useless. To keep the hill gone you have to vacate
the ants too. There are all sorts of ways to kill off the ants (depending upon
your environmental beliefs etc) but let me assure you of one thing, gas
definately works, and 5 gals of it is cheap! And before the garden police
zealots flame me, note that I am not suggesting it be used over some other
product, only pointing out that it works. You have a choiceG.

If you have a lot of time on your hands you can burn them little suckers with a
magnifying glass as you probably did as a kid - snap - crackle - pop - peeuuuw!
--
John S. DeBoo