Old 17-06-2003, 06:56 AM
Garrapata

Default Professional Help with Horsetail?

On 16 Jun 2003 09:25:30 -0700, (Matt & Kim) wrote:

My wife was told by one service that if they came out in the spring,
and sprayed $500 worth of chemicals, it would eliminate (or severely
improve) or horsetail problem. I tend to believe that we could do the
same thing for a lot less by whacking the weeds and using glyco or
casoron ourselves.

Is Casoron labeled for Horsetail? It has been many years since I used it
but I remember it as a seed pre-emergent.

Anybody have any advice on which way to go? Is it worth the money to
hire experts or is this just throwing a lot of money away on the
inevitable?

I would just start digging it up. A long project but eventually you will
get it under control. Use a spading fork to loosen the soil and
carefully pull as many roots as you can.