Old 17-06-2003, 09:44 AM
Trish Brown

Default ideal security hedge?

Litl Fish wrote:

Thanks Peter, I've only had a brief look at info on pruning, and now realise
it's quite an art, although I've got some pretty grandiose scheme for the
hedge, just have to learn how to implement it!

And thanks also to Chris, yes, we have a young (1 y.o.) dog, a Staffy Bull
Terrier, she's already giving notice to passersby ... but she was inside on
the night of the palm heist!

LOL! And ROTFL! You might want to think again about growing palm trees and a
Staffy in the same yard! Ours (Staffy x Bull Terrier) eats the fallen palm nuts
by the bucketload. This results in the most *interesting* diarrhoea you could
possibly imagine! I live in horror that one day our dog will wind up with a
major bowel obstruction from swallowing just one palm nut too many!

Bullies and Staffies are good to have, though. Aside from being wildly
attractive (ours has the seductive name of 'Miss Alice'), most Bad Blokes think
twice about coming into a yard where one lives. Miss Alice has never attempted
to bite anyone, but I have no doubt that she would if threatened and so we keep
her safely inside the yard and don't allow children anywhere near her. She wears
a muzzle and harness when she's out being exercised (ie she takes my son for
Very Long Walks). Our biggest worry is her pink skin combined with her love of
sunbathing (propped up against the door of our outdoor dunny, seated on her
bottom and with eyes closed against the morning sun).

Does your Staffy dig big holes?

--
Trish {|:-}
Newcastle, NSW, Australia