Old 17-06-2003, 12:44 PM
Ray @ First Rays Orchids

Default Catt growing pattern (strang?)

Here's a theory for you: cattleyas come in unifoliate and bifoliate forms.
"Pure" unifoliates rarely, if ever, sprout a second leaf. Bifoliates have a
fair tendency to throw a third. Now hybridize the two and think about what
you're going to see.

I suspect that the more bifoliates in the hybrid's background, the more
likely of multifoliate growth. Again, there are no absolutes, it's just
chance, and best I can tell is in no way related to condition of the plant.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"gal" wrote in message
om...
Hi Peter&Ray,

Thanks for your usfull answers.
One follow up question;
Why would the plant put one leaf per pseudobulb and sometimes two ?
Does it tell me anything about the condition of the plant?

Regards

Gal