Old 17-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Bob Adkins

Default OT, Sorta: Dragonfly Nymphs

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:16:14 -0400, "LeeAnne"
wrote:

Thank you K30a - there are some small stones that stick out of the water as
well as a small piece of sinking aquarium driftwood that comes up and out as
well.

I'll make sure they have plenty of options - I'm thinking I'll cut some of
my Iris leaves and give them an avenue right into the flower bed so they're
not too exposed.

I'm going to check them a couple times a day - I wish I had teeny-tiny
little fish to feed 'em :-)

Mosquito larvae and nearly any small aquatic bug is good food for dragon fly
nymphs. THey eat only live, moving prey.

Did you ever see how they eat? Their front legs have evolved as a "grabber"
that darts out at lightning speed and snares prey. It brings it directly to
the mouth. I could use one of those to eat popcorn. :-)

Bob