Old 17-06-2003, 01:56 PM
The Madd Hatter

Default Ducklings hatched in courtyard, will they live on grass alone?

If they are trapped in the courtyard, then they definitely have a
problem... They would have depleted the food source the parents were
banking on by now.... Usually this is when they start moving around to
other areas... I shouldknow, I had to sit for 10 min in my car
yesteday in the middle of a street in an industrial complex for a pair
of geese w/ about 19 goslings to cross the street... Very Cute!

I'd go w/ the turtle or fish food like oneofthe other NG members
suggested for now, but call animal servicesin your areato have them
removed to an appropriate spot... They won't develop properly ifthey
are enclosed like that...

On 17 Jun 2003 05:24:06 -0700, (Ned Hart) wrote:

It's the ducklings, and there is no way for them to get out. The
courtyard is closed in on four sides by buildings. So they're stuck
with whatever they can find, which is cement and grass. I will use
the information provided here to try to feed them.

Thanks

John Hines wrote in message . ..
Lori wrote:

I believe Ned is talking about ducklings.

He spoke of Canadian Geese having ducklings, didn't he? I don't have
the post now to check.... if I am wrong about what I thought, my
apologies.

No, there are Canada Geese doing ok, but two ducklings, which are not
doing too well.