Old 17-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Jim W

Default How do you search for posts which have expired?

Chris French and Helen Johnson wrote:

In message , Ophelia
writes

"Chris French and Helen Johnson" wrote in
message

No I wasn't.

As far as I am aware you don't find expired post on the net. I am happy to
be corrected if it is possible.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

Surely if you can read a post somewhere then it hasn't expired
anyway.....?

Actually rereading this I can see where the confusion lies..

USENET posts 'expire' either due to header settings or after your local
newserver deletes them (eg they expire from your server).

However many of them are 'archived' at google groups, and for most
people these could be called 'expired' posts.

The difference is between the 2 interfaces. google is a Web 'front end'
for USENET and google's own archives of parts of USENET. Local
newservers together make up USENET 'proper'.
//
Jim