Old 17-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Ophelia

Default Elderflower wine

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

We call it "Elderflower lemonade"; but note that it's quite strongly
alcoholic: a pound and a half of sugar in a gallon could in theory
give seven-and-a-half percent alcohol. Which is as strong as that
lethal cheap cider in blue bottles.

Reducing the sugar to 4 oz will make it essentially non-alcoholic; but
then it gets rather chancy: you need to drink it in, say, a week, in
case it goes off because it didn't have enough alcohol in it to act as
a preservative. I find this works about half the time; you add
artificial sweeteners dissolved in hot water at the start to make up
for the lack of sugar.

That is wonderful thank you Mike) It certainly sounds familier)

Ophelia