Old 17-06-2003, 03:20 PM
John Rutz

Default Garbage Can Clay Filter

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message

Sorry BV, we are having too much fun at your expense! We should not treat
you like dirt....I mean clay.......;-)

Leave the clay alone! It's very good for your Koi's digestive system! I
pay to buy clay to dump in my water!

How much do you need? I have a specialized clay product that has the clay
already suspended in water. I can truck it over to you.

The McGyver filter is working it seems. I have decided to periodically pump
the pump in the filter and pump out into the yard, as I squeeze the batting.
I am getting thick orange muck out. I am going to buy Amquel this week, and
just slowly do water changes using the MCGyver filter. The water is
clearing, albeit slowly.

BV.

--I knew you'd do it sooner or later persrerverance counts in this hobby
( and a bit of ould fashioned stubronness doesnt hurt either)

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com