Old 17-06-2003, 03:44 PM
gerry

Default Do hyacinths propagate?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:25:09 GMT, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

If you give them lots of sun they will EXPLODE. We went on vacation last
summer and when we came back 2 weeks later the whole pond was chock full
of them. However, with little sun I find they grow much much slower.

They need warmth! In MA here, my indoor ones (under halide light to winter
them) are growing like crazy, the ones I moved outdoors are just sitting
there. I'd like to have the lights off by now.

If they have light and warmth, sometimes they don't have enough fertilizer
or, more commonly, short on potash.

gerry

--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com