Old 17-06-2003, 03:56 PM
Pat Meadows

Default Fertilizer & Tomatoes in Pots question

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:48:26 -0800, (Jan
Flora) wrote:

Did you like the Yellow Pear 'mater?

Yes, we liked it. Very nice, tasty. I like regular (red)
cherry tomatoes even more, though.

But last year the Yellow Pear was really the ONLY tomato
from which we had any significant quantity of tomatoes: the
others didn't ripen before frost.

I'd bought plants, and I'll never do THAT again - they
weren't suitable for our location and they were just teeny
tiny things when I transplanted them.

Our season isn't long enough for tomatoes that are teeny
tiny when they go in the garden, plus it gets cool at night
here even in summer - takes even longer for tomatoes, they
don't appreciate that.

I didn't have the facilities to start seeds last year, I do
now.

Pat