Old 17-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Nonya

Default small time composting...

I hear you Charlie...

one poster replyed to my post about adding peat to the soil (*along with
other amendments) stating that it was bascally worthless! I think that these
extreamists would have you using only manure from a bull that was fed Kosher
grain and drank Perier mineral water! For Christs sake...IT'S ONLY DIRT!
Following basic tenets would easily produce cheap, safe, viable soil. We're
gardeners....not chemists!

I'm sick and tired of the pretensious replys to useful information that I've
given...So **** off to those of you who think you're some kind of gardening
God! If you have to go to such extreams to get bacteria to live your soil,
then you shouldn't be gardening to begin with.

"Charlie" wrote in message

"animaux" wrote in message

The compost I buy is state of the art as described above on the URL, and

it is
fungal and bacterial based along with micro organisms and cost about 36

dollars
a cubic yard. It's WELL worth it and I buy about 3 yards a year after I
initially had 12 yards delivered before I started my garden. Now I lay

it
on
top, tear at the soil with a fork, and apply the compost by throwing it

with my
gloved hand.

I think you're being taken for a ride...

state of the art? It's bloody dirt!

I'm proud of the fact that I only use compost for containers and starting
seeds, and even then it's only the cheap stuff (the REALLY cheap stuff).

get the most wonderful produce from my veg garden that beats anything in

the
supermarket with absolute minimal mantinance in my garden. We don't

spread
fancy top soil, or mushroom compost or even manure! We use a little

miracle
grow every few weeks and STILL get more than our neighbours who have more
plants and must spend hundreds of pounds a year on fancy dirt and watering
systems.

Just my humble opinion!

Charlie.